Dienstag, 29. November 2011

First days at Colchester

On Saturday I arrived at London and got to Colchester by coach. Getting from city to city by coach is usual and cheap. Cheaper than getting somewhere by train. As I arrived at my accommodation Emma from the Colchester English Study Center welcomed me and showed me the house. It has six rooms all are occupied with different nationalities from Spain, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Taiwan and Dubai. Nearly all residents are very kind and polite. The boy from Dubai is only seen in the mornings and evenings. He's a bit strange. All other residents take part in conversations and the residential community. It's really nice and I like it.

The school is also good organized and the teachers are very funny and not so boring. In the afternoon I've got an extra lesson for speaking in which we are only four students, what is really nice. Students age varies from 15 to over 30. Most students aren't older than 25. The different nationalities train your comprehension - especially in understanding other dialects. Spanish and Italian students are very difficult to understand for me because of there pronunciation.

After school there are some activities organized by the school. If you like you can go to cinema, talk to natives, do some sports or do an excursion. The great think is, you can talk in English all the time. After two days I can think fully in English.

What I am not used to is the left-hand driving. All the time I cross a street I need to think of the side to watch first. Now for me it's just right-hand traffic because I have to turn right first before crossing a street.

Keine Kommentare: